What’s covered in this document:
– Who we are
– What information we collect from you
– How we use the information about you
– Who we might share your information with
– Your Rights
– How long we keep your information for
– Access to your information and correction
– Other websites or links
– How to contact us
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Who we are:
For the purposes of this policy, the data controller for this website is Alpha works (Birmingham) Ltd, company number 10600167, Floors 20, 21 & 22 of Alpha Tower, Suffolk street Queensway, Birmingham B1 1TT.
What information do we collect from you?
– Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, bank account, payment card details and any feedback you give to us, when you submit information via the contact form on our website, when you sign up online to one of our packages and when you communicate to us by phone, email, post or via social media;
– Information about the Services that we provide to you (including, for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on);
– Your portal account login details, including your account number and password
– As you move around our site we will collect technical information about your visit, such as which pages you visit, how often you visit and what links you click on, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform, cookie information and time stamp.
How will we use the information about you?
The information we collect may be used to:
– to provide the packages or information which you have requested;
– Process your online purchase
– Take payment from you or give you a refund
– to collect statistics, traffic patterns and related site information. We aggregate this data and it does not identify any website users. We use it for analysis and administrative purposes
-To improve the content and general administration of our website
– To help identify use of Alpha Works facilities
– To help answer your questions or resolve any issues you may have
Who we might share your information with?
– We do not, and will not, share any of your personal data with any third party – including your name, address, email address or financial information.
– However, we do share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
– Companies that do things to facilitate any online purchase such as payment service providers and management software providers
– Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, website hosts, management software companies and the building management of Alpha, who all help us run our business
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
– as required as a matter of law;
– in the reasonable enforcement of our rights;
– to identify or resolve technical problems arising from the use of the website;
– to deal with complaints from any party regarding the operation of the website;
– where we have your permission; or
– where the business is sold to a third party.
We do not currently use your information to market our services. We do however use your information to communicate with you regarding services provided by us to you.
Access and correction of your personal information You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below. Right to stop or limit our processing of your data You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise nay other rights. However, we may charge a fee if you request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure your personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If the request is particularly complex or there have been multiple requests, the response time may be longer. We will notify you in these circumstances..
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
On our website we use the following types of cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary: These enable the website to function correctly and deliver content. These cookies do not gather information about users that could be used for marketing or remembering sites that users have visited on the internet.
(b) Performance & Functionality: These cookies allow us to understand user preferences and associate users to any forms that they submit to enable pre-completion of subsequent forms.
(c) Analytical: These cookies help us analyse how the website is used, in particular we use Google analytics cookies.
This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
– limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there by use of a ground floor visitor management system, fob and card access to our site
– implementing access controls to our information such as password protected files
– we never ask you for your passwords
How to contact us
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question about this policy or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Community Manager, Alpha Works, Alpha Tower, Suffolk street Queensway, Birmingham B1 1TT.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. We would like to be given the opportunity to rectify any issues you may have ourselves and would encourage you to contact us in the first instance. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.